SSI Enhanced Assisted Living Program
The SSI Enhanced Assisted Living Program is a state and federal program for adults over age 65 and adults with disabilities. The program provides financial assistance to eligible individuals who are assessed and found to be in need of services provided in an Assisted Living Facility. The SSI Enhanced benefit allows for an increased SSI payment to help cover the cost of room and board. To qualify, an individual must participate in an assessment and be considered an appropriate candidate for admission.
- Rhode Island resident
- > 65 years old or an adult with a disability
- Gross income of less than $1212 per month
- Resources/assets must be less than $2,000
- Cannot have whole life insurance worth more than $1500 face value
- Must not require extensive medical services such as those provided in a nursing facility
- Must apply for or be a recipient of SSI
How To Apply
For more information, please contact The Point at (401) 462-4444 (voice) or (401) 462-4445 (TTY).