RI Works Program Information (Cash Assistance)
How it Works
The RIW program encourages adult family members to work by offering benefits and support services:
- Cash Assistance is provided on a temporary bases to needy families that meet certain guidelines
- Health Care is no longer automatically provided through RIW, but most RIW clients are eligible for Medicaid once they apply. See Medicaid Programs for information about Rhode Island's health care exchange, HealthSource RI.
- Assistance with Finding Work or Job Training is also available
- Most RIW clients are also eligible for food assistance through SNAP
- Transportation reimbursement or bus passes are available to support preparation for employment