SSI State Supplemental Payments Program
The Rhode Island Department of Human Services has assumed responsibility for the administration and distribution of SSI State Supplemental Payments.
The Supplemental Security Income (SSI) Program is designed to provide a floor of income for the aged, blind, or disabled who have little or no income and resources. SSI provides cash assistance. If you qualify for SSI, you also qualify for SSP.
Rhode Island provides a state financed supplement of:
- $39.92 per month for individuals living in their own household
- $51.92 for individuals living in the household of another
- $79.38 per month for a couple living in their own household
- $97.30 per month for a couple living in the household of another
- $20.00 per month for individuals in a Title XIX facility
The Social Security Administration (SSA) will continue to administer the SSI-SSP for individuals residing in residential care/assisted living. DHS operates in-house insurance of the SSI-SSP for all other eligible individuals. Information on this program can be found in the DHS SSI-SSP Fact Sheet
Looking for more information?
If you are currently receiving SSI State Supplemental Payments and have any questions, please call (401) 721-6633.
If you would like to apply for the SSI State Supplemental Payment, you must first apply for the Federal SSI Benefit and be denied based on income. The DHS SSI-SSP Unit is located in Pawtucket:
Pawtucket DHS Office
249 Roosevelt Avenue
Pawtucket, RI 02860