Apply by Mail
By filling out the *Application for Assistance* form available in
you can choose to apply for multiple benefits at once:
- » Affordable Care Coverage (ACC)
- ...medicaid available for parents / caretakers, children, pregnant women, adults 19 to 64...
- » Child Care Assistance Program (CCAP)
- ...supports access to affordable, high-quality early care...
- » Elders and Adults with Disabilities (EAD)
- ...medicaid for low-income elders age 65 years or olders or living with a disability including persons who are blind...
- » General Public Assistance (GPA)
- ...benefits for adults 19-64 years of age who have limited income and resources...have an illness or medical condition...can receive GPA benefits while their disability determination review occurs...cash assistance...including Refugee cash assistance..burial services...
- » Katie Becket (KB)
- ...provides Medicaid / health insurance coverage to children under age 19 who are living at home but have complex health needs...
- » Medicaid Long Term Services and Support (LTSS)
- ...provides long term services and supports (LTSS) for people of all ages...to meet the needs of people with chronic illnesses or disabilities...
- » Medicare Premium Payment Program (MPP)
- ...helps adults over age 65 and adults with disabilities pay all or some of the costs of Medicare Part A and Part B premiums, deductibles, and co-payments...
- » Rhode Island Works Program (RIW)
- ...temporary assistance...offering temporary cash assistance, child care assistance, and helps to find job training or a job...
- » SSI State Supplemental Payment Program (SSI - SSP)
- ...state program that provides additional financial assistance to those who have been denied SSI due to excess income and meet all other eligibility criteria and those who receive SSI are automatically eligible...
- » Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- ...helps individuals and families purchase food...you can be unemployed or working, preparing for work, receiving a pension, or homeless to receive SNAP benefits...
- For expedited SNAP benefits, you may complete and submit the *Application for Assistance* pages 1 of 32 and 2 of 32 to allow the department to date stamp and start the application; please include your name, address, and signature. To determine ongoing benefit eligibility, you must sign and complete the remainder of the application and bring or mail the application to a local DHS Office.
Fill out applications as honestly and completely as possible and mail to the RI Department of Human Services, P.O. Box 8709, Cranston, RI 02920-8787 or the location specified on the applications. You will also need to provide proof of identity, income, assets/resources and expenses.
Click here to view the Long Term Services and Supports Ways to Apply page for access to the Application for Assistance Cover Sheet (when applying for health coverage).
If you do not have Adobe PDF software or access to a printer, please call your local DHS office to apply now.
Apply In Person
Meet with someone in person to apply for programs:
- For health and human services programs, call or visit
a local DHS Office open Monday through Friday from 8:30 am - 4:00 pm; extended hours of operation are available at the Providence and Woonsocket locations.
- For health coverage, call or visit HealthSourceRI at 401 Wampanoag Trail, East Providence, RI 02915 open Monday through Friday from 8:00 am - 7:00 pm.
- Certified navigators are available to help with applying for health coverage. See the HealthSourceRI Navigator Directory below for an agency near you.
The directory identifies agencies with on-site Navigators who are fluent in languages other than English. Interpreter services can be arranged for anyone who needs assistance in other languages.